Tuesday, February 9, 2016

LITTLE WANKERS

As you get older you notice that change and the rate of change seems to have picked up since you were young. You also revert to the thing you used to be and you tend to generalize about people. See that? I just did it there.

This is about the possible trend of young minds deep diving in the muck and mire of college life. A lot of the sphere appears upset that so many of the little darlings seem to be wanting their nannies and blankies and perhaps binkies because it's too rough out there for proper little tools of the progressive state. I have one relative who is quite angry about it. She's almost in a position to know but I asked her the other day, "how many of these trogs and simpering gits have you heard of or seen on this campus?"

The answer, surprisingly, is none. If they're here they're very quiet and keep to themselves. I'm starting to believe that a lot of it is the professoriate at the College of Arts and Sciences who, unable to find proper little revolutionaries, are winding up some of their own just to make noise and raise a ruckus. At this place they all still happily play Zombie vs Human with gunnish looking things. The suggestible ones have been turned over to the Sierra Club and the COMINTERN.

I don't like the reports I read about how justice is less than just but I suspect we all know that it was always suspect. Double secret probation is not a myth out of the dark ages. It happened. It happened a lot. It's just that nobody ever talked about it. And, if the truth were told, most of the problems went away quietly, almost furtively and were hardly ever talked about. That can't happen when you have people dedicated to consciousness raising using clubs, lawyers, lying media investigators and the Commissars of Diversity and Gender Bending. All in all, I prefer Timothy Leary.
-Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
-You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind.
-The universe is an intelligence test.
-Each religion has got their own way of making you feel like a victim. 
The "victims" aren't always pitied and sheltered. I don't know where the current crop got the idea that playing the victim was a good thing, but the secret wisdom suggests that mostly they're going to learn and we can't ask for more than that.

4 comments:

Anne Bonney said...

I think maybe the reporting of wanking focuses on a bi-coastal phenomenon. Here in Metropark Centralis we are more mellow (Unterlin notwithstanding.)

The shrill feminists of New England colleges, at least, are a stereotype with a basis in truth.

HMS Defiant said...

They have spread to every school on both coasts. It's kind of interesting though. You made me think back. Most of my teachers in school were women. Nice women who didn't have shrill voices but who did teach the subject and a little on behavior and expected decorum. I don't think I had any women professors at all in Penn State. I had many TAs who were women but now that I think about it, the professors were all old white guys. Weird. I never thought about it before.

Anne Bonney said...

I won't point out that now you are an ,,, ,,, ,,,

HMS Defiant said...

NOoooooo! They were really old. Ouch.